Warm and hearty quinoa with sweet potato and apple is on the menu with Chef Mike Beadles, head chef for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and Blair Licht, wife of Bucs GM Jason Licht. This segment of Cooking the Licht Way highlights another simple and healthy recipe cooked perfectly with Natural Gas.
SWEET POTATO QUINOA
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, diced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup English peas, cooked
- Heat saucepan over medium-high heat, add olive oil, onion and sweet potato; sauté until onion starts to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add the apple and curry powder and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the quinoa until completely incorporated.
- Add the broth and bring to simmer; cover and cook at low simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the peas, and continue to cook uncovered approximately 2 more minutes.
- All recipes are courtesy of Chef Mike Beadles.
- Mike Beadles is the head chef of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Blair Licht is a mother of three and wife of Buccaneers general manager Jason Licht.