Pan Seared Sea Scallops
Using less than 10 ingredients, you can quickly turn out this entree that is sure to please your family and have them asking for more. With a quick stop at the market, you can make it for dinner tonight. Serve it with a hearty salad and bread and you’re all set.
Write a review
- 10 sea scallops (dry packed)
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- ¼ cup Applewood smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 9 oz. fresh baby spinach, washed and dried
- Sea salt and white pepper
- Season scallops on both sides with sea salt and white pepper.
- Place canola oil in pan and heat on medium-high until hot.
- Place scallops in pan (single, uncrowded layer) and sear until caramelized on one side, 2 to 4 minutes. Turn and sear the other side for 2 to 4 minutes until done.
- Remove scallops from pan and place on plate to rest.
- Lower heat to medium and add bacon to pan and sauté 2 to 3 minutes, until bacon is crispy.
- Add heavy cream and stir constantly until liquid is slightly reduced.
- Add spinach to wilt.
- Serve scallops over spinach, drizzle with remaining pan sauce.
- Courtesy of Chef Tyson Grant, Parkshore Grill, St. Petersburg, Florida
Peoples Gas Blog http://peoplesgasblog.com/