In this video, Chef Tyson Grant from St. Petersburg’s Parkshore Grill shows you how to prepare a truly mouth-watering New York strip steak. The secret is to sear it first in a cast iron pan. The result is incredibly delicious!
Cast Iron Seared Niman Ranch New York Strip
This tender. herb-flavored steak will melt in your mouth. Simple, but oh so delicious!
Write a review
- 2 to 2 ½ inch thick Niman Ranch New York Strip*
- Kosher salt and fresh-cracked black pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Season steaks on both sides liberally with salt and pepper.
- Let steak reach room temperature.
- Heat cast iron skillet on high heat until slightly smoking.
- Add steak to pan and sear without moving for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Flip steak and sear on all sides until browned, reduce heat to medium.
- Add garlic, thyme, rosemary and butter to the pan.
- Baste steak with melted butter and drippings from pan. Finish slow searing on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove steak and allow to rest on platter 5 minutes before serving.
- *Niman Ranch meats are available at select markets and online at nimanranch.com.
- Recipe courtesy of Chef Tyson Grant, Parkshore Grill, St. Petersburg, FL.
Peoples Gas Blog http://peoplesgasblog.com/