Chef James Carlin adds an international twist to a standard Game Day Grub meal with his Melting Pot Reuben sandwich recipe. Your family and friends will enjoy this flavorful combination while they’re watching the next game.
Melting Pot Reuben Sandwich
Write a review
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. shallots, minced
- 2 Tbsp. dill pickles, minced
- 1 Tbsp. ketchup
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 8 slices rye bread
- 4 oz. roast beef, thinly sliced
- 2 oz. corned beef, thinly sliced
- 2 oz. Swiss cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup kimchi, drained and thinly sliced
- Cooking spray
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- On 4 slices of bread spread mayonnaise mixture evenly. Top each slice with 1 oz roast beef, ½ oz corned beef and 2 tablespoons cheese. Top each sandwich with ¼ of the kimchi and remaining bread slice.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Generously coat both sides of the sandwich with cooking spray. Arrange sandwiches in pan and cook 6 minutes per side. Remove and serve with favorite chips.
- All recipes are courtesy of Publix Aprons Cooking School.
- James Carlin is on staff at the Publix Aprons Cooking School in Jacksonville.
- Michaela Bradley is a mother of four, fitness instructor, supporter of the Jaguars Women’s Association and wife of head coach Gus Bradley.
Peoples Gas Blog http://peoplesgasblog.com/