Chef Tony shows Jags legend, Tony Boselli, how to make a fresh and healthy breakfast packed with veggies – perfect for morning or dinnertime.
Grilled Vegetable Breakfast Napoleon
A fresh and healthy breakfast packed with veggies – perfect for morning or dinnertime.
Write a review
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 eggplant, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 zucchini, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 large eggs
- 8 oz fresh water-packed mozzarella cheese, drained, sliced
- 2 ugly tomatoes, sliced
- 2 roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 4 whole wheat English muffins, toasted
- Heat grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Drizzle oil over eggplant, zucchini, and onion slices, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Working in batches, grill vegetables until tender and grill marks appear, about 4 minutes per side. Cool completely.
- In a 10-inch sauté pan heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat.
- Divide eggs into custard cups.
- When oil shimmers, slip 4 eggs into sauté pan. Cover with lid and cook 4-5 minutes. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Stack 2 slices eggplant, 2 slices zucchini, 1 slice onion, 1 slice tomato, 1 slice mozzarella, and 1 slice of roasted in center of plate. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon pesto over each stack of vegetables. Place eggs on top and serve with whole wheat English muffins.
Peoples Gas Blog http://peoplesgasblog.com/